Friday, September 28, 2012

How I made Un Petit Design's Little Fleece Dress




Now that the weather is cooling down, it's the perfect time for Cadie to wear the little dress I made her using  Un Petit Design's 'Little Fleece Dress' tutorial. You can also find a link to it on our 'Kid Love' page under the All Tutorials tab.


She provides a pattern for both the sleeved and sleeveless version in about a size 4. Since it's made with stretchy fleece, it could easily go up a size, especially if you widened it a bit at the sides. I think both versions are adorable, but I decided to make the sleeveless one for easy layering.






The pattern was totally easy to print up and put together.


And I had a needle and thread handy to mark the ends of the pleats. You can't see it in the picture, but I made small clips at the top (within the seam allowance) to mark the tops of the pleats.


The rest of it went together in a flash. 

When Cadie woke up from her nap it was done, and now it's one of her favorite play dresses.


Enjoy!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment